- Hasan Mahbub Tusher (Sep 2021-present; co-supervisor). Effective utilization of Virtual Reality (VR) affordances in maritime simulator training. USN.
- Mahmood Taghavi (Sep 2021-present; co-supervisor). Energy Efficiency and Emission Reduction Technology Integration through Digital Twin in Shipping. UiT.
- Veronica Jaramillo Jimenez (Feb 2020-present; co-supervisor). Big Data Analytics for Green Ships. USN.
- Karen Czachorowski (Aug 2018 -Sep 2021, main supervisor). Digital technology applied to the maritime offshore logistics. USN. Defended successfully in May 2022.
- Kjeldsberg, F. (2023) Forecasting platform support vessel time charter rates using machine learning. USN.
- Heggernes, C. (2023). Cost-benefit analysis of battery-powered autonomous ferry. USN.
- Brandt, P. (2023). Predicting maritime accidents using weather data and Automated Machine Learning. USN.
- Pettersen-Hagh, N. A. (2023) Barriers to commercialization of Autonomous Maritime Surface Ships. USN.
- Hansen, K-k. F. (2022). Propulsion systems selection for maritime autonomous surface ships. USN.
- Framnes, D. V. (2022). The effect of transport infrastructure quality on regional innovation. USN.
- Bakhshaliyeva, M. (2022). The impact of Flags of Convenience on the occupational health, safety and well-being of seafarers. USN.
- Johansson, A. (2022). Revisiting the link between port infrastructure quality, logistics performance, seaborne trade, and economic growth. USN.
- Sørli, M. (2022). Predicting ship accidents using automated machine learning. USN. (Co-supervised with Veronica J. J. and Hyungju K.)
- Mushahara, N. (2022). Governance model for green port management in the Norwegian context. USN. (Co-supervised with Mariia D.)
- Gebray, M. Y. (2022). Technology roadmap for building a smart port. USN. (Co-supervisor)
- Gjergji, E. (2021). Tanker shipping freight market analysis. USN.
- Rashid, M. R. (2021). Long-term forecast of container port throughput. USN.
- Okoli, U. (2021). The impacts of COVID-19 on crew management. USN.
- Hasan, K. R. (2021). Alternative fuels for marine industry. USN.
- Nepal, B. (2020). Forecasting container throughput of transshipment and gateway ports using machine learning. USN.
- Balasubramaniyan, S. (2020). Blockchain adaptation strategy in Oil and Gas industry. USN.
- Padazopoulos, M. G. (2020, co-supervisor). Forecasting BDI Sub-Indices using Holt-Winters and Linear Regression Models. USN.
- Johannesen, H. (2020). Predictive analytics of dry bulk freight rates for the China-Brazil route. USN.
- Vemuri, S. (2020). Predictive analysis of the Southeast Asia Container Freight Index . USN.
- Raaness, H. (2020). Impacts of big data analytic capabilities on the triple bottom line: the case of Norwegian maritime cluster. USN.
- Ghimire, K. and Khanal, B. (2019). Passenger satisfaction with hybrid electric bus service in Norway: A PLS Structural Equation modelling approach. UiA.
- Bydall, E. (2018). Green port management practice and performance: The case of Kristiansand Port. UiA.
- Franken, G. (2023). Charting a course for autonomous shipping: Investigating the advancement of autonomous ship technology. USN.
- Nordlys, T. (2023). An assessment of rail transportr routes for intermodel freight transport to Norway. USN.
- Tararr, H. (2023). Impact of the Ukrainian war on the global supply chains. USN.
- Kisembo, J. B. (2023). Uncovering the barriers of blockchain integration in customs clearance and Border control. USN.
- Gundersen, V. B. (2022). The great fall in oil tanker freight rates and the outlook going forward. USN.
- Sukke, M. (2022). Technology Roadmap for Autonomous Feeder Loop Service. USN.
- Sheik, M. A. (2022). Impacts of COVID-19 on sustainability dimensions in the Norwegian logistics service industry. USN.
- Gundersen, L. A. (2022). Analysis of forecasting system design. USN.
- Løff, I. B. (2022). A media analysis of container shipping crisis. USN.
- Hussein, M. M. (2022). Warehouse system re-design for improved efficiency. USN. (Co-supervised)
- Ghalegolabi, M. (2022). Island supply chain network design simulation. USN. (Co-supervisor).
- Sandersen, M. (2021). Supply chain integration in shipping companies. USN.
- Mohammed, I. B. (2021). Impact of COVID-19 in supply chain operations. USN.
- Løkeberg, L. (2021). Digitalization in Norwegian ports. USN.
- Salama, R. (2021). Failure in automated warehouses. USN.
- Diriye, S. (2021). Covid-19 effects on maritime industry. USN.
- Singh, S. S. (2020). Seafarers’ awareness of cyber security on board. USN.
- Ness, F. (2023). Supply Chain Management Bachelor Course. USN.
- Guro, F. Spring 2022, 2023. Supply Chain Management Bachelor Course, and the CROWDCUL Project. USN.
- Lysgård, T. N. 2022. Supply Chain Management Bachelor Course. USN.
- Gundersen, L. A. Spring 2021. Supply Chain Management Bachelor Course. USN.
- Andersen, A. A. Spring 2021. Supply Chain Management Bachelor Course. USN.
- Myre, J. L. Fall 2020. CROWDCUL Project. USN.
- Agana, J. A. Fall 2019. Research Methods PhD Course. UiA.
- Riss, A. A. Spring 2019. Research Methods Bachelor Course. UiA.
- Aden, A. Spring 2019. Research Methods Bachelor Course. UiA.
- Gjerd, H. E. Spring 2019. Research Methods Bachelor Course. UiA.
Bachelor Students: If you are a bachelor student in my department and interested in research which are in line with my research interest, I can offer you research training and supervise you later in your thesis. Also, depending on availability of fund, I would love to involve you in research projects.
Master Students: If you are a master student in my department and interested in research which are in line with my research interest, I can offer you research training and supervise you later in your thesis. Also, depending on availability of fund, I would love to involve you in research projects.
PhD Students: If you are a PhD student, doing research in line with my research interests and want to collaborate, I can offer you two alternatives regardless of geographical distance. First, I can co-author with you and provide some supervision via skype. Second, I can host you in my institution for a duration of 1-3 months to work under my supervision. In this case, your main supervisor must agree with your visit and you should have sufficient financial backup for your visit. In case your home institution do not provide financial support, you may apply for finding here.